The project management has the purpose to achieve the orderly and effective performance of the activities pertinent to all the involved technical arts which are supplied by the relevant groups of specialists in front of the need to interface them with possible other activities awarded to Third Parties.
The task of the project guidance can be accomplished as a self-standing service to coordinate the activities of several engineering staffs having no relation both with SARI Engineering and with the Customer as well as a complementary service for jobs partially or fully awarded to SARI Engineering itself. The description which follows is concerning the first topic where the Employer does not coincide with the Owner. The management of such a type of project is performed by SARI Engineering with the appointment to the said task of an adequately skilled and experienced professional (Job director or Project manager). Depending on the complexity and extent of the project, the said manager can be supported by an adequate team of assistants who help him for the coverage of specific duties. The activities carried out for the subject task are basically the ones described in the following points. Such activities may anyway vary in an appreciable extent in order to suit the Employer requirements and organization.
- Select and agree with the Employer the proposal strategy and planning.
- Define the scope and the extent of the project and distribute the necessary information to the specialists cooperating to the proposal job preparation.
- Collect the cost estimates for material, equipment and services.
- Collect and check for adequacy the technical attachments to the proposal
- Preparation of the technical and economical proposal
- Strictly cooperate with the Employer during the phase of negotiation with the Customer and in the phase of order awarding.
Project Execution and Construction Phase:
- Define with the Employer the basic strategy of the project.
- Handle the information exchange and the contacts with the Customer.
- Set the project organization, the distribution of the duties and the issuance of the instructions so that project can develop in the most efficient way and the overall realization is performed with the most economical results.
- Care the technical coordination of the technological staffs cooperating to the project implementation by driving the timely exchange of the necessary information checking its adequacy to the general requirements of the project.
- Supervise the formalities with official institutes and Authorities having force on the project execution. Supervise the collection and distribution of the project documents.
- Assure the preparation, updating and accurate check of the planning of the design, procurement and construction.
- Perform the cost control with the updating of the project original cost estimate.
- Coordinate the auxiliary activities such as insurances, transportation, custom operations, storage and so on.
- Supervise and coordinate the construction activities for their orderly and efficient implement
- Provide the supervision of inspection and acceptance tests.
- Direct and supervise the financing operations pertaining to the project.
- Carry out the procedures of the plant acceptance by the Customer and obtain the relevant certifications.
- Coordinate the evaluation of the project changes and prepare its claim to the Customer for the consequent discussion.
- Care the periodical preparation of the Project Progress Reports to be presented to the Employer and to the Customer.
- Handle the project invoicing and keep under strict control the project cash-flow.
- Perform the supervision of the communications and mailing exchanged between the various operating structures
Vincenzo Gentile, Head of Project Management Department< Back to Engineering